Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Launch Date!

No, that's not lunch date! "Hellooo!!!!" (in the voice of Alicia Silverstone in Clueless) But I do love La Madeleine's strawberry and spinach salad, which sounds delish... Extra pecans, please. Where are my lunch buddies when I need them??? Oh, that's right. They're probably still sleeping on this last Tuesday of summer vacation.

Today is the launch date for this blog, the title stolen from Bryan Adam's song "18 til I Die" because it seems appropriate. I'm pretty sure I'm way more immature than anyone my age--which would be about--well, hmmmm, let's just say 31+. Tapping into my inner teen, creating characters and events, I write Young Adult novels and, technically, lie for a living. Of course, I'm not published yet--so I haven't made a living at this yet. It's not a race, and I'm definitely following a winding path to publication.

My WIP at the moment? For normal people who don't lie for a living, WIP= work in progress or current project. This week's WIP clue: My novel is realistic YA fiction with a love triangle. It's set in Texas, and nobody wears a cowboy hat. Okay, that's three clues.

Writing Tip for the Day: Read what you've written out loud--novel pages, note to child's teachers, grocery list... If something doesn't sound right, there's a good chance it's not, or something's missing, or it could sound better another way.

I guess that's all for now. While I drink my morning coffee and write a few pages, Annie and I will be imagining we're sitting on Huntington Beach in California (aka Surf City USA.) Check out the pics below. I don't know about you, but we can almost feel the chill in the breeze... Oh wait, I think that's the air conditioner kicking in...

See ya next Tuesday!

15 comments:

  1. Great launch. Does it come with a drink? LOL.

    Great blog, girl. Congrats. Here's to getting lots of pages done.

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your blog, Sweetie!! It's beautiful! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Nancy! Love it!! And Annie is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of lunch, could burgers at our favorite hole-in-the-wall bar be in our future?

    Congrats on the blog, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop! Whoop!
    So excited for you, Nancy!
    Congrats on your new blog. It looks wonderful!

    Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting, everybody! The learning curve is way uphill at the moment. That's a good thing, right? I'm worried I deleted a comment (somehow?) from Katie... it was here a minute ago...and now it's not. Katie, if you're reading this...oops! I'll figure it out. I promise! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hip Hip Hooray! Nice work! :)
    Love, Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!! And if I was there, you know where we'd be...either curled up in Starbuck's chairs and at Gooseneck. Wherever, we'd be having a great time! I love the images in your blog! Love you too! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your blog, Nancy! Great name too. I'm honored to be one of your first subscribers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great, Nancy! I can't wait to see what happens next...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, pretty girl, I remember 13 years ago when you were 18!!! Love, Phil

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blog looks great, Nancy, and I love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah! Congrats on your first blog post. I'm excited to see how you enjoy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, EVERYONE, for stopping by on Launch Day! I appreciate all the congrats--especially from writer friends, some of MY favorite bloggers and, of course, my high school sweetheart! I hope you'll come back next Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to the world of bloggers! Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete